There is one more issue when you upgrade your iPhone or iPad to iOS9: Looks like when try to open a meeting url on Safari (ex: received through a webmail server), the Lync client is not launched and you stay on the meeting webpage (like the picture on the right).
- workaround: install/use the Opera mini web browser on the iPhone/iPad
- Microsoft confirms the issue on KB3097592 and has another workaround.
- 25.09.2015 – iOS 9.0.1 update doesn’t resolve the issue
- 01.10.2015 – Microsoft just released Set2015 CU13 (don’t get confused with Set2015 SU) that contains a web component update to address the issue (web pages and scripts) were updated and safari can now launch the Lync client.
- 29.10.2015 – After some testings, I noticed that it’s not working for iPad devices with iOS 9.1, released 3 days before which includes 24 security updates (details here)
- 13.11.2015 – Microsoft confirmed that the iPad 9.x is still not working. Those users still need to use the workaround described on KB3097592 to join meetings urls or my workaround :).
- 14.01.2016 – January 2016 cumulative update 5.0.8308.945 for Lync Server 2013 web components server fixes the problem with iOS 9.1 and iOS 9.2